We are seeing an increase of an issue with ECS_USER being logged off. After checking we have found that Windows CEIP "Customer Experience Improvement Program" this has been an issue on only if the computer has an internet connection. After the program finds a fix it logs off for a restart but does not finish the restart.
Disable the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program
Disabling the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program and the related Task Scheduler tasks that control this program can improve Windows 7 and Windows 8 system performance in large View desktop pools.
- 1. In the Windows 7 or Windows 8 guest operating system, start the control panel and click Action Center > Change Action Center settings
- 2. Click Customer Experience Improvement Program settings
- 3. Select No, I don't want to participate in the program and click Save changes
- 4. Start the control panel and click Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler
- 5. In the Task Scheduler (Local) pane of the Task Scheduler dialog box, expand the Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows nodes and open the Application Experience folder.
- 6. Disable the AITAgent and ProgramDataUpdater tasks.
- 7. In the Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows node, open the Customer Experience Improvement Program folder.
- 8. Disable the Consolidator, KernelCEIPTask, and Use CEIP tasks.